miércoles, 7 de julio de 2010

Sometimes it's actually too late

*Answering machine: You have one new message*
"Hey, Carrie, I'm..."
*Carrie pauses it*

I knew who it was. I couldn't stop Big coming back into my life. But I could stop him from coming out of my machine.

*Knock Knock*

- What are you doing here?
- Didn't you get my message?
- No, I paused it. What are you doing here?
- That was him, wasn't it? The perfect guy.
- Yes, and he's coming back, so... Please. What do you want?
- ... I don't know.
- ... No, go home to your wife. Go.
- I'm so fucked up.

I have no idea what else Big was gonna say. I'm not sure what bugged me more, that I didn't know or that I cared.

*Answering machine*
"Hey, Carrie, i'm here on your corner. I know you're home. Pick up... Jesus. Well... I miss you. I can't fucking stop thinking about you. There you have it."

There it was. Exactly what I had needed to hear...
a year too late. I should have been happy but I wasn't. It was the absolute worst timing of all.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario